Thursday, August 20, 2009

Funny Story

Sometimes Baby May and I like to lay on the floor together. One night we were doing this during tv time. James was sitting on the couch watching The Land Before Time. Suddenly, May reached over and sunk both hands deep into my hair and held on for dear life. As I was trying to free my head from her grip, the scary part of the movie comes on. James always asks me to fast forward through it, and this night was no exception.

James: Mommy! I don't want to watch the scary part!
Me: Bring me the remote, sweetie.

James climbs down from the couch and hands me the remote but I can't aim it at the DVD player because May still has my head held fast to the floor. I click and click but the movie is still playing.

James: It's scary! I don't like that! I don't want that!
Me: I can't fix it until Baby May lets go.
James: Turn off the tv!
Me: You'll have to talk to Baby May, first.
James: Baby May, turn off the tv!

And he had even brought her the remote control. I couldn't stop laughing.

1 comment:

Jen said...

HA HA HA! Oh man! Please post more stories like this!! James does the funniest things!! =)