Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Birthday

The morning of my birthday I woke up with May. James woke up shortly after and we played a bit until Daddy woke up. They gave me my gift - a new phone, one with a sliding keypad for easier texting. Chad also changed our plan so that I can do more texting, as my friends and I are hardly ever available for phone conversations at the same time. James had chosen a blue phone for me and was quite proud of it.
 

When I got home from the race, the kids and I had some birthday cupcakes chosen by May the night before at Mini's. They were very good, mostly pink, and quite well-deserved. We hung out until after naptime when Chad presented me with the second part of my gift: a date night with James.

James and I went to Boondocks to play for the rest of the day and a good part of the night while Chad stayed home with May. James and I had a total blast. We played in the arcade, raced Go-Karts (well, I drove, he co-piloted), treated ourselves to a pizza dinner, played mini-golf, more arcade, more go-karts . . . and so on. It was such a thoughtful gift, because honestly James and I hardly get any fun one-on-one time these days. We came home well after everyone else was asleep.

It was a fantastic birthday, with a lot of sweet e-mails, voice-mails, and texts from my loving friends and family. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

Jen said...

OH! I've been waiting for his post!! So does this mean I can text you now!?!? Oh man, we will be soooo in touch now!! =) What a fun and thoughtful birthday.