Friday, May 20, 2011

Do-Over



On Monday James brought this disaster of an art project home from school. Looking at the soggy ziplock bag containing a rock, several buttons, a length of yarn, and two raggedy feathers covered in blue goo - I attempted to keep the disgust out of my voice as I asked, "So what did you make today?" James explained that it was a "Rock Pet." I then asked him if it would be ok for us to throw it away, and try again. I told him that the paint wasn't drying and that nothing was actually stuck to the rock. "Yes," he said, "that's not what it was supposed to look like."

So we tried again Tuesday morning. James and May painted and glued and I helped draw on smiles with a Sharpie. James proudly proclaimed that this new rock pet was a bunny rock pet.

May's "Mouse Rocky" was a bit on the abstract side.
I am thankful that I have kids willing to try, try again. We had a lot of fun on this do-over!

No comments: