Thursday, June 16, 2011

Project Big Girl Room, Day Two

Today I stripped the wallpaper border and did some minor repairs to the wall surface. It took much longer than I thought. When Chad and I removed the wallpaper border in our room it pretty much came off in one long piece. This one refused to do that. So I had to begin the cycle of perforate-soak-scrape. Above is what I had done after the first hour of work.
Hour two, and this is how big the pieces coming down were. Can you spot the silver outlet on the floor for scale?
Hour three. I had one 7 and a half foot long wall done.
Hour four. The floor is really starting to fill up.
Hour five, most of the bottom of the border gone, but the top is being stubborn.
Hour six. That is a lot of wallpaper.
Hour seven. Border is gone. All totaled up, the boarder came down at the rate of 5 feet per hour. Yuck. Tomorrow I'll scrub down the walls and prime them. Hopefully no more unseen time suckages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great, I'm proud of you baby!

C