Saturday, September 15, 2012

Coldest. Field Trip. Ever.

On Fridays May and I take a morning field trip.  This Friday I thought I would delight her with a hike - she constantly asks to go "into the forest" or "up in the mountains."  However, we had a big dip in temperature that day and although we wore our insulated pants and hoodies, it was still incredibly cold (there was frost on the leaves.)  As you can see, she was very unhappy.

 So I gave her my hoodie and offered to carry her.  Which cheered her right up.

 We hiked up to donut falls, which is about 1.5 mile round trip.  Halfway to the falls we found the sun.

After viewing the falls and having a short snack, May was ready to do her own walking back down the trail (a good 3/4 miles).
At the bottom we stopped in the very stinky port-a-potty.  May was crying "smells bad" the whole time!
I praised May for being such a good sport and such a tough girl.  We picked up James, had some lunch, and she went into her room to read.  This is how I found her 40 minutes later.  That hike really took it out of her!

No comments: