Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer

 Here is my handsome boy on his first day of school.  Purple Cons laced up and ready to go.
 Here is my beautiful miss on her first day.  Side pony perfect and game face on.
 And here's James on the last day of school.  Arms tatted up and where the heck did his shoes go?
Here's May on the last day, ponies askance and for whatever reason her shoes are missing as well.

Let's not even discuss the fact that neither of them appear to have grown even an inch . . .

This year school really did just seem to go on and on.  As the end drew near I began to drop the ball more and more steadily.  I pulled the kids to go do fun stuff (tulip festival!) and we just couldn't seem to get ready on time.  I was really looking forward to having them home for the summer and perhaps my own lackadaisical attitude really set the stage for a sort of senioritis in our home.

But man, I was so right.  This summer is the best summer I have had in a very long time.  I miss teaching art and I miss camp a lot, but nothing compares to our little family being together every day and doing as we please.  We can go camping in the middle of the week, or walk down to the coffee shop at 2pm.  We can spend the day at the pool or go through storage and find toys we haven't seen in ages.  It rocks.  Really hard.  You should be jealous.

1 comment: