Baby May and I have breakfast and hang out with James while Chad gets ready for work. The boys leave at 7:30 for school and work and May and I commence with cuddle time. We feed, hug, rock, and play until she is ready for her morning nap.
For her morning nap I put her in her chair in the bathroom so that I can shower, dress and do my hair. After we are both dressed and ready for the day we do laundry, dishes, or some of the random chores that come up.
After chores comes lunch, when May usually naps again.
After lunch we play and run any errands that we might need to.
In the afternoons May and I go pick up James from school and the three of us do something fun together. Some days it might be going for a walk in the double-stroller. Other days we go to the park or visit Daddy at work. Today we went to the aquarium - we are also known to visit the zoo and aviary.
When Chad gets home we form teams. One adult to one child. Usually Team James goes in the backyard or to the neighbors to play while Team May gets dinner ready. After dinner James plays a rowdy game and then takes a bath or shower (he's a big fan of showers these days).
After James is clean and in his jammies the whole family gathers in the living room for reading, tv, and visiting. Then James hits the hay followed shortly after by May, Mommy and Daddy so we can all rest up and do it again the next day!
1 comment:
Sounds like a good balance. I imagine that is a big part of it when you are handling 2 kids instead of one.
Post a Comment