Friday, September 11, 2009

Good Kids

This week the entire family was sick. It began Sunday with May and me, Monday James started to feel badly, and by Tuesday Chad had succumbed as well. I won't even try to pretend it wasn't hard staying home with two sick kids while being sick myself, but it could have been miserable. I have kids who seem to have an endless supply of cheer, and seeing them smile through the strain of being sick was a source of encouragement for me. They could have taken their frustration out on each other; instead they spent a lot of quiet time cuddling and playing together. As often as I feel a little cheated at not having family nearby to help out, as many of my friends and neighbors do, sticking this out on our own has shown me what a strong, capable little family we are, and I'm very proud of us all.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Not having family close by when you N-E-E-D them sucks! But, you're incredible!! And, your babies are adorable!