Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big Brother James

Some mornings I have breakfast with Chad before he leaves for work, meaning that the kids are on their own when they are up and ready to eat. (If I'm already awake at 6am, there is no way I can wait until 8:30 to eat with James when he's having a lazy day!) I still like to sit and chat with them while they eat, but the other morning James requested that they be seated together and left to their own devices.
I took advantage of this great opportunity to clean up the kitchen, and when I checked back in with the kids James was doling out small portions of food for May and talking to her about any number of things:
  • which foods are helpful for growing big and strong
  • the superior taste of honey over jelly
  • the exciting places he hoped to go that day and the things he would do there
  • beautiful songs he has made up
I highly recommend that all babies get a big brother like James and that all mommies get a helper as kind and cheerful.

3 comments:

Patty Girl said...

I agree that everyone needs a "James" in their family. What a great kid you guys have. Loved the post.

Jen said...

SOOOO cute! I hope that you're planning on printing this blog and handing it to James when May enters her teenage years...to remind him just how great of a big brother he really is!! =) Love them! Miss you!

Erin P. J. said...

I'm right there with Jen - you need to save this for both James and May. So cool that they are such good friends. It's seriously the only thing that makes me want another one...