Friday, December 3, 2010

Making Christmas, James-Style

With the recent addition in our house of my sewing space (thanks to my thoughtful husband), James has become very interested in sewing. I promised to start teaching him, and making a plastic canvas Christmas ornament seemed the best place to begin.
It took a few days, but James was quite patient and tenacious. I only helped with knots and with backing up to find previous mistakes. All of the green stitching was done by James. I find this incredible after trying to teach plastic canvas to 3rd-6th graders over the summer. My son is definitely gifted in the art of following directions. I helped him to tie on a jingle bell and a ribbon, and our finished product was beautiful:
I remember sewing a similar plastic canvas wreath for our own tree at the age of 5 or 6. Wish I still had it, but this is even better.

1 comment:

Jen said...

WOW! That is one patient James! I love that ornament!! The last post about your nativity set made me laugh so hard. You have the funniest babies Krissy!! =)