Friday, February 25, 2011

Pretty Pretty Princess


These days May has been really into dresses. *Really* into dresses. She often brings me three or four in the morning asking me to change her out of her pajamas. At which point we have a discussion about how many dresses one can successfully wear at one time. (Remember the episode of Friends where Joey wears ALL of Chandler's clothes?)
On the one hand, it is absolutely charming to see my little girl carefully choosing her frilliest outfit for the day. On the other hand, two months ago I got her stocked up on shirts and pants. Yesterday, in fact, I tricked her into wearing a shirt by telling her it was just a very tiny dress. Not sure if she really believed me or was just humoring me, though.
Although I can't say what this dress-obsession tells about May's future, I can say it has really made me sit up and take notice of how quickly she's growing up. Who knew that we would get into wardrobe arguments before her second birthday?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

My goodness, she is growing up so fast! I love the little dresses, and how adamant she is about wearing them. The part about you telling her a shirt was just a tiny dress is hilarious. Good try, mom, good try.