Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hot Topic

One question I get constantly from my SAH mom friends is: "What do you guys eat for lunch? I'm so tired of PB&J!"

Admittedly, we do eat our fair share of PB&J and PB&H (honey). But I do feel like we have a wide variety of lunch treats. Essentially, the more open you are to potential mess, the more options you have for lunch. Here are some of our favorites:

  • (veggie) hot dogs
  • (veggie) burgers
  • burritos
  • quesadillas
  • mac & cheese
  • soup (tomato and minestrone are our favorites)
  • grilled cheese
  • pasta salad (can be made in advance so this one is really convenient)
  • (veggie) nuggets
  • pizza (we have tiny do-it-yourself crusts so the kids really love making pizza)
  • leftover wraps (whatever was for dinner last night thrown in a spinach wrap)
  • BFL (breakfast for lunch - pancakes, eggs, etc.)
  • cheese tortellini
  • egg noodles w/butter
Yes, soup can get messy. And yes, their burritos always fall apart. But they get better at eating these tricky foods every time. I adore having lunch with my kids each day, here's hoping this post is inspirational to those of you who have hit a lunch-rut!

1 comment:

Jen said...

WOO HOO! This post couldn't have come at a better time!! =) Thanks friend!