Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big Girl's First Haircut

Although I've been trimming May's bangs for about a year now, she's never had an official haircut. Lately I couldn't help but notice that her jungle princess hair was getting wildly out of control and stringy on the ends. So I convinced Chad that a professional cut would be best. I packed the kids into the car (James was strangely excited to go watch) and took off for Cookie Cutters (of course.)
Here are the before shots that I almost forgot to take and ended up having her pose for in the car:


I had talked to her about this a few days ago, telling her how much Mommy likes to go have her haircut, how much fun it would be, and how pretty she would look when it was over. She hopped right in her pink cadillac and was ready to go, not even flinching when her stylist sprayed her down with no warning. (Honestly, lady, have you ever met a two year old? What is wrong with you?)
She had chosen to watch Elmo. That incentive, combined with practice from her many bang trims at home, made her a wonderfully still model.
She was doing such a great job that I asked the stylist to blow her out.

When asked if she wanted any ponytails she sweetly responded, "No, I all done."
Here are her after shots:


She couldn't wait to take her goodies home and show Daddy her beautiful hair.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh how I want to snuggle that smiley face! Good job lady May!! Welcome to the wonderful world of "getting your hair done". HA HA HA HA What a fun mom you are Krissy!

Chelsea said...

What a doll!