Thursday, December 22, 2011

Easy Weekender Busy Book

I've been seeing some great Busy Book/Quiet Book pages on Pinterest lately. It made me a little sad knowing that I would never be willing to put in the weeks or even months of work that go into a complete book. Then it occurred to me that I could make an easy version. My kids don't care if things are squared or even coordinating. So I dug out some old felt scraps and odds and ends from my sewing trunk to see what I could put together. I'm fairly proud of the result, and it took less than 8 hours:
Page 1: weaving
Page 2: this ladybug has numbered velcro dots that store within it's shell
Pages 3-4: make a monster face (the snapping pouch came as the outer wrapper of a set of pillowcases I bought for James' party)
Page 5: button flowers (the blossoms store in the flower pot)
Page 6: phonics beads (the dog goes in the D pocket, the fish in F, etc)

So what do you think? I was happy to make this simple little busy-book. And I'm rather fond of the clean lines that the felt lends itself to. Also, I only had to use two different sewing machine stitches to do it all. I'm pretty happy.

I'll be presenting it to the kids on the plane ride out to Wisconsin. I hope they like it!

No comments: