Saturday, September 19, 2009

Grumpy Day

This week Baby May had an incredibly grumpy day. I rocked her, sang to her, cuddled her and walked her around. James poked at her, sang to her, gave her kisses and tried to be silly for her. Absolutely nothing was working.
So James and I decided to fish a new toy out of storage for her. James chose this "Whoozit." It has a lot of different textures, plays "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," vibrates, and the antennae light up. I thought it was pretty cool. May was not impressed.
Then I noticed May was still poking around at her temples and ears, so I felt around in her mouth. Even though it's early, turns out she's actually cutting her first tooth! So James and I grabbed a teether from the fridge. (James also cut his teeth early so I have been prepared just in case.) After calming her down we put her down for a nap.
James and I then took a well-deserved break. He laid his baby doll down on his lap and informed me, "My baby is also grumpy." So May slept, James tended to his baby, and I breathed a little.
Look what a great job we did! May woke up happy as a little clam!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh man teeth are the worst! Can you send James over to help ME out? thanks! =)