Our Easter preparations actually began on Thursday, with May helping to make a cheeseball. Since we have a big Easter dinner on Sunday evening, I put out veggie, fruit, and cheese & cracker platters for lunch on that day. The cheeseball is an absolute must for "Easter lunch."
Friday morning we colored eggs. Chad had the day off so we lived it up. I had so much success last year with food coloring and vinegar that we just made our own egg dye again this year.
Friday night Chad gave the kids these ridiculously huge Easter Egg cookies.
Sunday we dressed up to the nines and went to church. The kids were awesome during mass, and fully enjoyed seeing all their little friends in their fancy clothes and there were even some babies to gawk at. After church I handed out the Easter baskets. The kids got stickers and a lot of little figures (princess, mickey, pooh) which have since lived out many dramas in our house. Then it was out to the backyard for our egg hunt. I couldn't get enough of how cute and proper they looked during this activity. Notice the bracelets? Inside, they opened their eggs and went through their loot. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment