Saturday, October 29, 2011

Organizing

Our long-relied upon "Winter Gear Bin" just wasn't working out anymore. Having everyone's snow pants, mittens, scarves and hats all thrown together made for tricky mornings and frustrated children (it's cold enough now that the kids wear hats and gloves to school in the morning.) May and I decided that something must be done.
So we went to the store and picked up a plastic drawer storage unit. Then we dug our stickers out of the art cart.
Each kid chose a drawer and a different sticker theme.
They quickly got to work.
Now in the morning they simply need to pull open their own drawer and retrieve their desired cold weather accessories. When they get home they drop them back in the drawer. Snow pants are still in the trusty old bin, but honestly it's not like we put those on in a rush ever so . . .

I couldn't be happier with our new system and I'm hoping for a winter with minimal hat/glove fuss.

No comments: