Saturday, March 3, 2012

Budding Artist -- mini edition

A few days ago while James was at school, May decided to spend the morning drawing in her notebook. She drew a few pictures and then abruptly stopped. I could almost see the light bulb flash on above her head. "Mommy," she said, "can I put this in an envelope and send it to Wisconsin? Please?!?!?"

So after cranking out a few more drawings (mostly squid, some fish, one diver with no arms), we addressed the envelopes and May stuck down the return address labels and stamps.
She tried licking the first envelope but received a little paper cut on her tiny toddler lip for her effort. I thought she would be sad, but she was outraged and demanded I take a picture of her wound (sadly, you can't see it in this picture, but you can still appreciate her expression.) So after that, I took licking duty.
When we were done, we had a whopping ten envelopes to send out.
May excitedly put them in the mailbox, and then asked if we could send more. Unfortunately, we were out of stamps, so we had to move on to something more boring - like toys.

No comments: