I adore how often my kids get to visit with their grandparents. I love that even though we live 1400 miles apart we get together four times a year. Twice a year we make the trek to Wisconsin (the coldest and the hottest times of the year). And twice a year they make the trek to Utah (the most mild and beautiful times of the year, but I digress . . . )
Still, every time I watch the kids loving up their grandma and grandpa my heart breaks just a little for the grandma and grandpa that they will never know except through pictures and stories. I wonder what they would have called my parents (Papa and Mimi, perhaps?) and how their interactions would have gone. I am not jealous, just grieving, and ever thankful for the grandparents that we do have.

1 comment:
As a very pregnant, very emotional person this post has me crying now. You're kids are super lucky, and I love the pictures with May and her Grandpa.
I was just sitting here missing my own mom and feeling a bit down. Thank you for reminding me that I get to be thankful for all the people that are here to be a part of my little man's life.
I know exactly how you feel...not jealous, just grieving.
Since I'm so far away, all I have is internet hugs, but I'm sending a ton of them your way right now. :)
Post a Comment