Saturday, January 10, 2009

Fish and New Friends


Today was quite the successful day for young master James. He spent the morning at the aquarium visiting 'big fish.' He gave petting the sea stars and horseshoe crabs 5 stars, 'driving' the boat 4 stars, the jellyfish and coral reef exhibits 3 stars, and the lazy stingrays, lobster, and hyperactive octopus all a thumbs-down. I'm so glad we shelled out the extra buck a piece for yearlong memberships - we've gone quite a few times already just in the past 6 months.

After his nap he accompanied me to the grocery store where we were lucky enough to find a special cart (the kind with the car in front). He picked out a new snack (pistachios) and made friends with the not-so-crabby shoppers. One woman that he befriended found us in line at the checkout and asked me if she could give him a present. James is now the proud owner of a small teddy bear valentine's day snow globe. How sweet and . . . bizarre. I'm glad he made her day, I know she made his.