Saturday, January 24, 2009

Teaching Him Early

Here's a picture of our little man in training helping us refinance our house. He pulled a stool up to the table, asked for some paper and a pen, and commenced work. "Write name . . . write Daddy name . . . one more." When he felt finished and pleased with his work, he requested a glass of lemonade. I thought he had definitely earned one. The man who came to do the closing with us was not as impressed as he should have been. Perhaps he has not met many two year olds . . .
Here's a picture of James learning the proper technique for scrubbing potatoes. I would say James helps me to make dinner at least 4 nights a week, usually more. Right now his main jobs are washing produce and separating ingredients into their dishes. He has also assigned himself the task of testing the food. Anything that might be in front of him is tested for freshness, quality, and deliciousness. I think it may be his favorite job.