Sunday, October 23, 2011

Be Bold, Be Bald!

Thank you to all my fantastic supporters for Small Army for a Cause's Be Bold, Be Bald Day. I was able to raise $340 for the Breast Cancer Resource Center. (Donations are being accepted until November 15th, so visit this link if you would still like to help out.)
Some surprising parts of my day: I didn't see a single other person in a bald cap in the entire Salt Lake Area (I guess the movement is out of Boston so I shouldn't be that surprised). Only the kids in my neighborhood stared at me. The general population made no comment and seemed not to notice. The best conversations I had were with my own kids. Explaining what cancer is, who the names on my shirt were, and what the bald cap had to do with it all.

All in all it was a great experience. I was happy to do a fundraiser that didn't require me to run, or sell anything, or walk for several days. This way I could work for a cause while stile mom-ing 24/7. Thank you again to everyone.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you!
Seeing my aunt's name on there is profound (that's the best word I can think of). Good for you!
Love you.
M

dp said...

Way to go, Krissy. I'm proud of you, for this and for all the other things I know about you. Maybe especially for designing crocheted animals! (Well, probably more for mom-ing so consciously.)

And guess what? I, too, have gone bald for/from cancer! You can check out a photo on my 'really happening' blog.

So, thank you for being you and doing what you do.
Крепко обнимаю тебя! (I embrace you!) - Diane

Natalie Evans said...

Great job! I'm very privileged to call you my friend. You are an amazing woman.

Chelsea said...

Way to go! What a great way to spend some energy and time! You are an incredible person. I am so lucky to know you!